To change the favicon color for dark mode in WordPress, you can follow these steps:
- Create two different favicon images – one for light mode and one for dark mode. The light mode favicon should have the desired color, while the dark mode favicon should have a color that contrasts well with the dark background.
- Upload the two favicon images to your WordPress site. You can do this by going to the Media Library and clicking on “Add New”. Once you’ve uploaded the images, take note of their file URLs.
- Install and activate a plugin that allows you to add custom code to your WordPress site, such as the “Code Snippets” plugin.
- Go to the “Code Snippets” section in your WordPress dashboard and click on “Add New”. Give your code snippet a name, then paste the following code:
- Replace the file URLs in the code with the actual URLs of your favicon images. You can get the URLs by going to the Media Library, clicking on the image, and copying the “File URL” field.
- Save the code snippet.